Co-enzyme Q10 is a naturally occurring molecule in the body, appearing in particularly high concentrations in the heart. Its primary role is contributing to energy production, where it acts as an antioxidant and converts food to energy. As the body ages, its ability to maintain adequate levels of Co-enzyme Q10 is diminished, as well as during intense exercise, illness and whilst taking some medications.
Ketones are chemical compounds in raspberries that contributes to their distinctive smell and taste. These molecules are thought to boost metabolism by making fat cells more susceptible to breakdown by hormones, therefore it is claimed that raspberry ketone supplements may help with weight loss.
Magnesium is an essential mineral that contributes to overall health, and is particularly important for bones and muscles. This mineral plays a role in over 300 processes as it is vital to the role of enzymes used in bodily functions. It helps aid the absorption of vitamin D which is thought to help prevent osteoporosis. Magnesium also helps to metabolise calcium from the diet in the correct way to help avoid calcification of the arteries and cardiovascular disease.
Omega 3 fatty acids, such as EPA and DHA, have a range of scientifically proven health benefits. DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function and vision when taken at around 250mg per day. Both DHA and EPA contribute to the normal function of the heart and may even help with blood pressure and arterial plaque formation. Omega 3 is particularly important for pregnant or breastfeeding women as it aids brain and eye development.
Vitamin B Complex is a group of 8 essential nutrients of the B vitamin family accompanied by para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA). Each of these vitamins play an important role in maintaining overall health.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) plays an essential role in metabolism by helping convert nutrients into energy
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) helps convert food into energy and also acts as an antioxidant
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) plays a role in cellular signalling, metabolism and DNA production and repair
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), like other B vitamins, helps your body obtain energy from food and is also involved in hormone and cholesterol production
- B6 (pyridoxine) is involved in amino acid metabolism, red blood cell production and the creation of neurotransmitters
- B7 (biotin) is essential for carbohydrate and fat metabolism and regulates gene expression.
- B9 (folate) is needed for cell growth, amino acid metabolism, the formation of red and white blood cells and proper cell division. It is particularly important during pregnancy for the development of the foetus
- B12 (cobalamin) is vital for neurological function, DNA production and red blood cell development
This special combination of supplements helps contribute to a healthy immune system and prostate. Containing plant sterols, which are good for maintenance of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol, pumpkin seed extract and saw palmetto, which are beneficial for prostate health, as well as a blend of isoflavones, lycopene, garlic, vitamin D, zinc and selenium.
Our food based, vitamin C complex, is derived from acerola cherries and also contains other ingredients high in vitamin C such as parsley, rosehip, blackcurrant and elderberry. This unique blend of ingredients ensures our supplement is packed with bioflavonoids, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which all contribute to a healthy immune system.
Our supplement provides you with an optimum dose of Vitamin D3; the body’s natural form of Vitamin D. This vitamin is crucial for the maintenance of bones and teeth, ensuring that calcium from the diet is directed to these places. It has also been shown to have benefits for the immune system as well as heart health.
Vitamin K2 contributes to normal blood clotting and the maintenance of healthy bones. Our supplement contains Vitamin K2 as MK-7 derived from Natto, a Japanese fermented soyfood. This form is highly biologically active meaning it is incredibly effective at providing your body with the Vitamin K2 it needs.
Turmeric is often referred to as “the golden spice” due to its many health benefits and golden colour. It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over two thousand years to treat inflamed joints, digestive conditions, skin problems, and age-related degenerative conditions. The Piperine present in the black pepper added to our supplement aids the absorption of turmeric into the body, allowing it to work effectively to aid liver function and protect cells from oxidative stress.